All our employees are personally responsible for keeping your personal information confidential. We provide training to all employees to remind them about their obligations.
We collect your personal data when you:
- contact us using digital media.
- engage with us on social media.
- create an account with us and when you visit our website and use your account.
- buy products and services through our websites.
We may collect the following types of data:
- your name, social media username, email address, telephone number.
- billing/delivery address,
- details of online orders,
- details of interactions you have had with us for example, phone orders, returns, provision services, alterations, compliments and complaints.
- details which help us to recommend items of interest.
The data privacy laws allow us to retain this data as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers.
You can request us to provide the data we hold on you and or delete the data we hold on you at any time. Other than for overriding statutory reasons we are obliged to comply with your request.
However, if you do not want to share your personal data with us or refuse permission for certain types of contact we will not be able to let you know about the products, services or promotions we are offering.
We have a legitimate business interest that allows us to hold data to:
- process any orders that you make.
If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. Equally your details may need to be passed to a third party to facilitate delivery of goods.
- respond to your queries, refund requests, compliments and complaints. Without this information we would be unable to respond.
- protect you as well as ourselves from fraud and other illegal activities.
- keep you informed via digital media of products and services that we believe are likely to be of interest.
- offer you promotions and advanced notice of promotions
- be able to communicate any information required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement and statutory bodies.
Protection for your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all of us. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Our trading website is tested daily for possible vulnerabilities and attack blocking software is installed. The site runs on secure http (https) which gives you the assurance that the website is safe.
Access to your personal data is password-protected and sensitive data such as payment card information is never saved. Computer data is stored on encrypted cloud platforms and individual PCs have hard disk encryption and various forms of security software.
Keeping your data
Data is collected from you when you buy online, subscribe to our mailing list or communication through other digital channels.
Details of online purchases or engagement through digital channels are retained for 1 year, subscriptions to our mailing list are indefinite (but you may ‘unsubscribe’ at any time). Once the retention period has completed your personal details are completely deleted (although we will retain an anonymous record of the financial details for tax purposes). The only exception is where HMRC require VAT exempt transaction records to be kept for 7 years and in such circumstances only relevant data is retained.
We only share your personal data with
Trusted third parties for the fulfilment of orders e.g. delivery agents or suppliers and automated communications e.g. Mailchimp. We will only provide the minimum information for them to provide their service.
We will never share your data with anyone else.
You have the right to request
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge (in most cases).
- The correction of records where your personal data when is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The deletion of the data we hold about you, in specific circumstances; for example, when you withdraw consent or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- A computer file in a common format containing the personal data that you have provided to us and the right to have your information transferred to another entity where this is technically possible.
- That we stop processing your personal data, in specific circumstances; for example, when you have withdrawn consent, or object for reasons related to your individual circumstances.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data if you withdraw consent.
To exercise your rights you can contact us at any time to submit your request. If we choose not to action your request, we must explain the reasons for our refusal. You can contact our appointed Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to stop our use of your personal data
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 015242 72299
- Write to: Zergo Management Limited, Caton Hall, Caton, Nr Lancaster LA2 9QQ
Please note that ‘unsubscribing’ is generally immediate but there may be a short delay with changing your preferences.